Job Description: You direct the activities of all food preparation and service functions onboard the ship. Responsible for the highest quality and preparation of all food served onboard to guests and crew. You are one of the key person on board.
Management Responsibility: Managerial Responsibility
Job Locations: Across the European Rivers Rhine and Danube(Depending from ship)
Crew/Nationalities: 25-32 Hotel Crew, (Depending on ship)
Guests: German, English, Dutch – Depending from the Ship
Work Time: Full Time, 7 Days per week
Professional Experience: With Professional Experience
Language on board: English
Language Skills: Good command of English language
Contracts:Under Cypriot law
Salary: Starting €2,500.00 to €3,300.00 net per month clear in your account plus tips
Future Benefits: Annual (12 months) employment contract
Tips: Available but not specified as it depends on guests
Uniform: Employee’s responsibility/not provided on board. Instructions will provided during recruitment
Willingness to travel and work away from home for long periods: Necessary
- Readiness to learn,
- Ability to work under pressure,
- Communication Skills,
- Flexibility-can adjust to new work conditions and requirements quickly,
- Ability to see the whole picture.
- Artistic ability and creativity,
- Attention to detail and patience
- Free Medical Coverage
- 4 vacation days per month (vacation days will be taken as a14 days break in a period set by the company. If not taken the company will reimburse the holidays as paid money )
- Reimbursement of the travel expenses to/from the ship
- Single cabin facilities and Free meals are provided
Requirements from the Applicant
Accountability: The Executive Chef reports directly to Hotel Manager and Operations Manager
Flexibility: The employee will have to be able to assist in areas outside the Galley for ship operation purposes such us loading of food and supplies and ship cleanliness.
- Responsible for the preparation of food according to the standards and quality levels set by Anqor at all times.
- Responsible for the implementation of all new menus, standards and procedures as set by Corporate management. Also responsible for all existing menu cycles in the food operation, to ensure that all cycles and preparation of food are followed by the galley brigade at all times.
- Exc. Chef must ensure that all set ups in all outlets are set as per Corporate Chef and that all set ups are attractive at all times In conjunction with Corporate Chef to implement all up dated corporate recipes and to develop galley personnel in the knowledge of all standard recipes and ensures all preparation and methods of cooking are adhered to.
- Responsible for the implementation and execution of food handling and cleaning procedures in accordance with Pro’s standards. Follows all HACCP procedures as set by the company and sets training accordingly for all galley personnel and ensures that all galley personnel can answer all questions during Anqor’s inspection
- Responsible for the overall direction, supervision, training and personal conduct of all employees assigned to the kitchen operation.
- Appointment of daily meetings with kitchen staff and service staff to ensure smooth cooperation
- Reports all merchandise used in the kitchen organization which does not meet the quality levels as set by Anqor’s to the Hotel Manager.
- In conjunction with the Hotel Manager, assists in preparing the order for quantity and quality of provisions that are taken aboard at the various ports of call, including the home port.
- Reviews the following day’s cycle menu as to its suitability based on the ship’s supply of food stores ensuring that the quality of food is maintained and not decreased in quality and presentation.
- Plans and prepares menu cycles for all and crew and is responsible for quality of food standards and analyzes the production of food for wastage and over production.
- Responsible for the preparation and control of the daily supplies needed for the preparation of the menu requirements and assures the correct quantities of daily supplies needed for the preparation and that no shortage of food items being distributed to the galley impacts the daily operation.
- Makes targets of food costs within given budget.
- At least 5 years of Hotel Experience and at least 2 years of cruise ship experience
- Culinary school Degree minimum 2 years
- Experienced in training subordinates in fine food preparation and excellent knowledge of menu structure
- A flexible and motivated team player
- Awareness of the Health and Safety Act and HACCP standards
- Friendly personality towards team and strong managerial characteristics