Job Description: As Bar Waiter/Waitress you are co-responsible for a friendly, efficient and professional service in the bar to guarantee a maximum satisfaction of the guests. You give the guests an exceptional bar experience by providing individualised attention. As Bar Waiter/Waitress you prepare and serve beverages and food professionally at the bar and take care of the cleanliness and hygiene in the bar area.
Management Responsibility: No management Responsibility. Future opportunities.
Job Locations: Vessels sail through the European Rivers, Rhine, Danube, Mainz, Moselle etc
Crew/Nationalities: 25 – 50 Crew more than 11 nationalities depending from ship
Guests: German, Spanish, English, Dutch (depending from the charterer)
Work Time: Full Time, 6-7 days per week
Professional Experience: With Professional Experience
Language Skills: Good command of English and/or German language. Spanish language will be considered an advantage
Spoken Language on board: English and German
Contracts: Under Cypriot law
Salary: €1.200-1.500 net per month, including Tips
Tips: available but not specified as it depends on guests
Uniform: Instructions will be provided during recruitment
Willingness to travel and work away from home for long periods: Necessary
Personal Strengths: Motivation/willingness to work under pressure, physical condition in good shape as climbing the stairs during service may be applicable, Customer Orientation Communication Skills, Flexibility-can adjust to new work conditions and requirements quickly, Ability to see the whole picture, work as a team in order to achieve the maximum passenger satisfaction
- Free Medical Coverage
- 4 vacation days per month, or one full day off/week, depending on cruiseline
- Reimbursement of the travel expenses to/from the ship up to a maximum amount
- Free Share cabin facilities and Free meals are provided
Requirements from the Applicant
Accountability: The Bar Waiter Waitress reports directly to the Bartender or Maître D
Flexibility: Be flexible with assisting the Restaurant Department and any other areas when required. The employee will have to be able to assist in areas outside the Bar area for ship operation purposes such us loading of food and supplies and general cleanliness of the ship.
- Providing efficient, expedient and courteous service of beverages to the guests
- Taking drink orders
- Setting tables
- Making and serving drinks
- Preparation of cocktails
- Cleaning and tidying the bar area
- Communication skills. Listening to and taking action on guests complaints
- Collecting and washing glasses
- At least two years of hotel experience in the Bar Area. Cruise ship experience will be considered as an advantage
- Good in English and/or German and Spanish will be considered as an advantage
- Knowledge of cocktails.
- Relevant Bartending and Mixology
- Certificates will be considered an advantage
- Knowledge of till operation and Coffee Machines such as Nespresso etc.
- Knowledge of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Communication skills
- Ability to work at the Restaurant Section if required
- Clean and friendly appearance
- PR Skills
In order to apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org , or click on the red „APPLY NOW” button!