Responsible for managing all aspects of the Hospitality Department onboard operations. To coordinate, monitor and support the Hospitality team in the proper execution of day-to-day and long-term duties. To ensure the highest Travelers well being and product satisfaction.
In addition is together with the Human Resources Manager responsible for the design and delivery of a variety of training courses and/or other interventions for employees Fleet Wide.
Management Responsibility: High Managerial Responsibility
Job Locations: Our Vessels sail through the European Rivers, Rhine, Danube, Mainz, Moselle etc. (Depending from the charterer)
Crew/Nationalities: 25-32 Hotel Crew depending from the ship
Guests: British, Spanish, German, Dutch (Depending from the charterer)
Work Time: Full time, 7 days per week (4 days holidays per month reserved)
Language on board: English and German, Spanish will be considered as an advantage
Language Skills: Fluency in English language communicational German, Spanish will be considered an advantage
Contracts: Under Cypriot/EU law
Salary: €2,500-€3,000 NET per month depending on skills and qualifications possibilities for an annual contract
Tips: Available but not specified as it depends on guests
Uniform: Basic uniform is Employee’s responsibility/not provided on board. Instructions will provided upon recruitment
Willingness to travel and work away from home for long periods: Necessary
Personal Strengths: Strong leadership skills. Ability to analyse and solve problems, decision making ability, Ability to work under pressure, Good Organiser, Proactive or takes initiative, able to work independently
- Free Medical Coverage
- 4 vacation days per month
- Reimbursement of the travel expenses to/from the ship
- Single cabin facilities
- Free meals are provided free of charge
Requirements from the Applicant
- Reports directly to the Head Office
- Flexible to be able to assist in ships’ operational purposes such as loading of food and supplies and general
Education and Qualifications:
- At least three years of hotel experience in a comparable position. Cruise ship experience will be considered as an advantage
- A relevant Degree in Hospitality, Management or Finance Computer literate with knowledge of a variety of computer software applications, including Microsoft Office Package and Fidelio
- Must be bright, accurate and have a good eye for details
- Someone who is willing to go the extra mile Friendly, well groomed
- A flexible and motivated team player with good inter-personal skills.
- Safety Training Diploma will be considered an advantage
- Ensure that your team is happy “Happy Crew equals to Happy Guests”
- Accountable to maintain high visibility & communication with Travelers.
- Responsible to maintain, monitor and support proper appliance of PRO’s operational guidelines.
- To cooperate with Nautical department for the management of ship’s rules & regulations as well of actively participate in the best conduction of all safety & environmental related procedures.
- Ensure correct functions of the front desk: appearance, behavior, proper distribution of information, proper liaison with all other departments, proper announcements, and correct questionnaires analysis.
- Handling and resolving guest concerns.
- Ensure consistent application of disciplinary procedures
- To maintain the highest sanitation and cleanness standards according to PRO’s guidelines.
- Accountable to maintain the highest quality achievements.
- Responsible to handle Travelers dissatisfaction, tackle problems followed by immediate satisfaction recovering actions.
- Responsible to conduct pre-embarkation and daily “spot check” cabin & public lounges inspection according to audit checklist.
- Conduct daily management meeting related to Quality, Travelers, Costs, Revenue, Crew Issues and incoming events and schedule.
- Schedule, train, monitor and evaluate assigned personnel
- Ensure that maximum service is achieved throughout every area of the Hotel department.
- Monitor onboard revenue to ensure projected sales and appropriate service.
- Oversee shipboard and activities, to ensure that program quality and content meet acceptable standards.
- Ensure that shipboard staff is aware of all aspects of safety at work and basic safety rules.
- Responsible for all crew matters in the Hotel Department: including crew reception, crew lodging and feeding, crew cabins and messes, crew welfare and recreation, uniforms, equipment, etc.
- Coordinate with HR Department the management of crew retention and rotation
- To personally welcome new and returning crew members.
- To encourage, support and implement crew wellbeing activities.