Waiter on River Cruise Ship- We are looking for experienced and motivated hospitality professionals to join our river ship
Job Description: As Waiter/Waitress you ensure that all the guests are completely satisfied with the food and service. You are responsible for a friendly, efficient and professional service in the restaurant and guarantee a maximum satisfaction of the guests. You serve passengers with drinks and food, Keep menus clean, maintains cleanliness.
Management Responsibility: No management Responsibility. Future opportunities.
Job Locations: Vessels sail through the European Rivers, Rhine, Danube, Mainz, Moselle etc
Crew/Nationalities: 25 – 50 Crew more than 11 nationalities depending on ship
Guests: German, Spanish, English, Dutch, American, Scandinavian, etc (depending on charterer)
Work Time: Full Time, 6-7 days per week, depending on cruise company
Language Skills: Good command of English and/or German language. Spanish language will be considered an advantage
Spoken Language on board: English and/or German
Salary: €1.400-2.200 net per month, including Tips
Tips: available but not specified as it depends on guests
Uniform: Instructions will be provided during recruitment
Willingness to travel and work away from home for long periods: Necessary
Personal Strengths: Motivation/willingness to work under pressure, physical condition in good shape as climbing the stairs during service may be applicable, Customer Orientation Communication Skills, Flexibility-can adjust to new work conditions and requirements quickly, Ability to see the whole picture, work as a team in order to achieve the maximum passenger satisfaction
- Free Medical Coverage
- 4 vacation days per month, or one full day off/week, depending on cruiseline
- Reimbursement of the travel expenses to/from the ship up to a maximum amount
- Free Share cabin facilities and Free meals are provided
Requirements from the Applicant
Accountability: As a waiter/waitress you report directly to the Restaurant Manager (Maître D’ or Head Waiter).
- You are Flexible to cover for the Bar Waiter/tress, Restaurant Manager when on holidays
- Flexible to assist in Bar Department if necessary and if by the Restaurant or Hotel Manager.
- You will have to be able to assist in areas outside the restaurant for ship operation purposes such us loading of food and supplies
- Cleanliness of the Restaurant is under the waiters-your responsibility
- Escorting customers to their table
- Preparation of tables according to standards
- Presenting menus to the guests and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request
- Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Explaining how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods
- Serving food and/or beverages to guests
- Handling difficult guests with discretion
- Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, and takes them to kitchen for cleaning
- Wine knowledge and recommendations depending on the location the ship is sailing to
- You are always remaining clean, well-groomed and friendly to the guests
- Take into consideration the hygiene standards
- Encouraging in assisting with the training of new waiters when necessary
- At least three years of high standard hotel experience. Cruise ship experience will be considered as an advantage.
- Good in Englis and/or German language
- Hospitality degree or Certificate and Training in in the waiting section
- Know-how of food placement according to its category (i.e. fish, meat, beverages etc.)
- Table setting according to the service (buffet, set menu etc.)